This type Mortgage may be appropriate if …
You have a mortgage with a rate that is 1.5% - 3.0% higher than current market rates and want to lower your rate … or you want to move to a shorter-term financing period or reduce your monthly payment amount … or you want to borrow against the equity in your home to meet a financial need.
Refinancing your mortgage may help you lock in a lower interest rate on your outstanding balance or access cash from your home’s equity.
- Interest may be tax deductible. Consult your tax adviser.
- Mortgage rates are often lower than other types of consumer loans.
- A lower rate can mean a lower payment.
- A shorter term can mean less paid out in interest payments over the life of the loan.
- Refinancing can allow you to tap into the equity in your home to expand or remodel, start a business, pay for college tuition, take a vacation or meet a large expense.
Ready to Get Started?
Click to Prequalify for a mortgage or start the online Application process.
If you prefer, you can download forms to your computer
- Mortgage Loan Application: Standard PDF Form
Interactive PDF Form
- Consumer Help - Uniform Residential Loan Application instructions: FannieMae Website
- Mortgage Checklist - What to bring along with your Loan Application: Mortgage Checklist PDF Form
For more information, talk to a Southern Heritage Mortgage Team Member.